Friday, January 17, 2014

Book Recommendation and Recipe

On Wednesday night my bible study group finished this book.....
......it was a wonderful book!  I initially started going to the bible study to pick up some parenting tips to use on my 3yr old and it led to much more!!  My pastor started the bible study, but asked me to start leading it due to her having to miss occasionally.  It was neat to see how God used me when I wasn't planning on teaching a bible study.....God is funny like that and will use you when you least expect it!  I have made great friendships through this study and I really enjoyed leading the study.    This book was amazing and I would recommend it to all parents and grandparents!  Understanding your child's love language will help you to have happy and healthy kiddos! A great read and very insightful!!  Happy Reading!! :)
 
I took this delicious Chili to the bible study to share with everyone.  I doubled the recipe to have enough! It's another recipe from mixandmatchmama.com. It was a crowd pleaser!!
 
 
 Chipotle Beef Chili
 
 Simple, flavorful, fast and yummy...the perfect busy mom supper.

Shopping List
1 pound of ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 (14 oz) can of stewed tomatoes
1 cup water
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
1 small can of chipotle peppers in adobo (you'll only need 2 or 3 peppers out of the can, chopped)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
Sour cream, shredded cheese and/or chopped green onions to garnish


 
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown your ground beef (or substitute with ground chicken or turkey) until crumbly and browned.

In your slow cooker, add in your cooked ground beef and the next 10 ingredients.  Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.  Remove lid and ladle your chili into bowls.  Garnish with your desired toppings. Enjoy!!

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment